This week on Project Sewn is the Era Challenge. I instantly thought of the 20’s. Flapper style dresses and all that jazz… ha get it, all that jazz?? And now I regress… but once I started looking for a dress to sew I really got excited for the 50’s era! I love the 50’s style housewife/rockabilly look! So here is what I found from Burda Style.
This is the Katjusha dress. It was actually really easy to make!
The elastic back makes it great to get on and off with out any zippers, and if I decide to wear this right after Thanksgiving dinner!
So I was feeling a little sassy in this one! :)
On the pattern it doesn’t include any sort of sash or belt, but it definetly needed something to break up between the bodice and the skirt. I ended up looking in my small stash of ribbon… (Sorry it was hard to type that without laughing, anyone who knows me knows that my sister went buck wild at a couple craft stores and bought me hundreds, HUNDREDS of spools of ribbon in all shapes, sizes, colors, and all kinds of goodies!) and found this stretch ruffled ribbon and sewed it on.
I used some trim and extra silk ribbon to the bottom for a little extra flare. The dress is actually super comfy and super stinking cute if you ask me!
I had fun making this dress and can’t wait until next weeks sew along!
See you soon!